SALISBURY, MD— Crisfield area residents who need assistance with electricity and heating bills may go to SHORE UP!’s Home Energy Programs office in Crisfield, which is reopening Monday, November 26, 2012. The office, located at H. DeWayne Whittington Elementary School, 6 Asbury Avenue in Crisfield, will be open Monday through Friday, 9 am-3 pm, to accommodate as many customers as possible. Those requesting services should make sure their application is completely filled out. Applications can be received by calling 410-341-9634, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. or obtained at www.shoreup.org. To process the application, the following information is needed:
· Proof of all household income for the past 30 days for anyone 18 years old or older, social security, SSI (award letter or direct deposit statement), pension, retirement, wages, TCA, TDAP, unemployment, child support (6-month printout needed), alimony (current documentation)
· Identification (drivers license or photo ID)
· Names, Social Security cards and dates of birth for all household members
· Current electric bill – Bill must be in applicants name for EUSP
· Bill for main heating source – Gas and propane customers must provide this.
· Renters need landlord’s name, address, telephone number, lease agreement and most recent rent receipt
· Homeowners need deed, payment information or tax assessment
For more information, please contact the SHORE UP! main office at 410-749-1142.
At SHORE UP! Inc., no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of or otherwise be subject to discrimination in the provision of any care, service or admission